Jon In Iraq - The Lighter Side Of War

The lighter side of War! It ain't so bad here. It all gets blown out of proportion really - We'll show you how much fun the guys have! Jon x

Friday, March 10, 2006

The Points System

We were called out of training for what we were told was "an assignment". This basically meant one thing - killtime. So naturally the guys were in high spirits.

Now the killing itself wasn't what we were looking forward to. Sure, it's great at first, the 'oh no!''s, the 'argh my face!''s and the 'Ooh you caught me right off guard matey!''s, but after a while it becomes sucky like anything else.

That's why we introduced the points system: 1 point per kill, simple as that. It gets pretty competitive, I can tell you. The winner usually gets a crate of beer or a blowie off the rookie.

Now I'm not the best. I'm a little cowardly, and the other guys are better at 'mopping up' than me (we like to use cleaning terms for killing: 'mopping up', 'jiffing', 'cillit banging a room' (for a grenade) etc)

I've only ever managed to win it once, and it required a bit of, heheh, 'artistic' licence. Now they never specified who could be killed, did they? So I tossed a 'nade over a wall and fragged me 3 chatting tramps. Haha, they weren't expecting that!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home